Friday, March 31, 2017
Office Design Advice: 8 Tips For A Smooth Transition Into Your New Space
1.) Use Accurate Measurements
2.) Take Pics Before Disassembly
Before you start breaking down your existing furniture to make room for the new stuff, take a few pics. They'll come in especially helpful if you're planning to sell your old office furniture to recapture some of the remodeling budget. Pictures will also help you remember how your old layout went together. If for nothing more, take pics to show a successful "before and after" of your project.
3.) Paint Before Furniture Arrives
beautiful office desk you just spent a fortune on. It's super risky! Once you've removed your old furniture, give your interior a thorough cleaning. Patch any thumb tack holes and use a magic eraser to get rid of unsightly scuffs. Next, visit your local paint store to pick up a few swatches and samples. Don't just assume a color will look good without first checking it out on your walls. Once you've decided on a color, go ahead and paint before your furniture arrives. It will make for a much smoother transition.
4.) Enlist A Few Helpers
It never hurts to have a little help during an office makeover. If you're planning to tackle installation internally, you certainly won't want to do it alone. To ensure a seamless transition, ask 3 people to help you throughout the process. It's no secret that office components can be very heavy. Trying to tackle assembly alone can be dangerous to say the least.
5.) Schedule Delivery
ergonomic seating needed to outfit your interiors, contact your dealer directly to obtain estimated ship times. After your purchase, contact your dealer again for tracking information as soon as possible. They should provide it, but it's better to call personally to be on the safe side. You'll be far better suited for a smooth transition if you know when your products are scheduled to arrive!
6.) Create A Staging Area
The day before your products are scheduled to arrive, it will help to create a staging area. You don't want to overcrowd your interior by carrying in every box and component. It will make for a frustrating and complicated assembly process. With a staging area, you'll be able to bring in items one at a time, piece by piece. This makes creating a functional layout much easier.
7.) Prepare For Debris
Even a basic computer chair will come extremely well packed to avoid damage during transit. This means, there's going to be a lot of debris to dispose of at the end of your project. All of your desks, chairs, and accessories will come boxed and packaged with a ton bubble wrap and popcorn. Prepare accordingly! Break down boxes to save space and have trash bags on hand to minimize the mess.
8.) Price A Professional Installer
Even if you're planning to handle the assembly process yourself, it's never a bad idea to at least know how much the pros would charge to tackle your project. If you get rolling on your project and find that it's more than you can handle, you'll already be a step ahead if you need to call in some backup. In truth, most find professional furniture installation to be pretty affordable. When sourcing installers for your project, be sure to read reviews first to ensure quality. Make sure they'll be available around the same time your furniture is scheduled to arrive incase you run into problems. If you really want to transition smoothly into your space without a headache, you can choose to go with an installer from the start. They'll be happy to receive your desks and chairs to minimize the need for planning and scheduling on your end.
- Office Design Advice: 8 Tips For A Smooth Transiti...
- Revamp Your Reception Area With Fashion Forward Fu...
- Introducing The Modway Impression Series Office De...
- Futuristic Office Chairs That Are Available TODAY!...
- Office Makeover Tips: Clean, Purge, Enhance!
- 5 Boardroom Chairs Designed To Improve Comfort And...
- Ergo Elegance: Luxurious Office Chairs for Busines...
- Furniture In A Flash: Collections For Meeting Tigh...
- Design Fashionable Office Interiors With Cherryman...
- Craft Clean And Classy Office Interiors with Globa...
- 8 Corporate Remodeling Trends Sure To Be Trending ...
- Use Your Office Furniture To Improve Work Flow
- Bargain Buys: Reliable Office Chairs Under $200.00...
- Trend Spotting: White Office Furniture and Chairs ...
- Furniture Fashion: 2017's Coolest Conference Table...
- 5 Ergo Minded Office Remodeling Tips for 2017
- Shop Smart: March Reception Desk Deals
- Conference Room Corner: 2017's Coolest Tables
- 8 Cool Ways To Decorate And Enhance Your Office In...
- Bargain Buys: Fashionable Reception Desks Under $1...
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2016 (179)
- ► 2015 (144)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (129)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (37)